Students curb cravings with popular website

Ever get home from the Grove absolutely starving and realize the fridge is empty? Or pulled an all-nighter in Richter, only to feel the stomach grumbles around 2 a.m.? Eat24Hours.com has the answer to all of your late-night (or anytime) needs.

“I wish I would have known about this freshman year!” senior Kate Varnum said. “My friends and I definitely would have used it.”

Eat24Hours.com is a fast and easy online food ordering service that simplifies the ordering process at school, work and at home. Simply type in an address, select a type of cuisine and start ordering- after all it is free to use.

“You don’t pay extra, you just create an account and only the restaurants that deliver directly to you will come up,” said Eat24Hours.com customer support manager, Aubrey Erez.

Participating restaurants offer discount coupons for orders placed through Eat24Hours.com.

“The prices on the restaurant menu are the same, but you get to use a coupon that you wouldn’t get if you actually went and sat at the restaurant,” Erez said.

For example, ordering $20 of sushi may get a free California roll, or ordering two large pizzas may get a free two-liter of soda.

Eat24Hours.com saves favorite orders for future use, and also allows for the customer to order ahead and specify a later preparation time- perfect for those always in a hurry.

“I don’t have to go through the phonebook to find out if they are still delivering,” senior Kendall Bajek said.  “It is convenient that I don’t have to call and end up getting a voicemail.”

Have a question? Just use the live chat function on the Web site, where a 24-hour customer service representative is available to help.

Eat24Hours.com services over 400 cities nationwide and over 5,000 different restaurants. The site plans to launch a free iPhone application within the next few weeks.

“The goal is to be global eventually, and to be the best in customer service,” Erez said.  “We always want to hear from our customers and improve the Web site.”

Samantha Hickey

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Students curb cravings with popular website”

1. Jeff says:

Love this website I use it all the time! highly recommended.

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...