Tasty treats across the street

Sophomore Lane Carico adds toppings to her frozen yogurt while at My Yogurt Bliss. Like Carico, other UM students frequent the yogurt store where they get to serve themselves different flavors and toppings, which are all weighed before making the purchase. Brittney Bomnin//Photo Editor

If you’re looking for a light frozen treat after a long day of classes but are unwilling to pack on the pounds, opt for a healthier choice at self-serve frozen yogurt store, My Yogurt Bliss. Conveniently located across from UM on U.S. 1, My Yogurt Bliss treats guests to a buffet-style yogurt bar in which the flavors change daily and the toppings never cease to entice.

When you walk into the store, grab a 16-ounce container that you can fill with frozen yogurt, mixing and matching flavors and choosing any toppings you wish. The cost is determined by the weight of the container, priced at 48 cents an ounce.

My Yogurt Bliss offers an extensive number of selections in comparison to other local choices, like Yogen Früz and Yogurbella, and presents the opportunity to prepare your own dessert. It offers 10 different flavors, ranging from conventional choices such as vanilla or strawberry, to daring flavors such as cake batter or red velvet.

Topping selections are just as diverse with over 40 choices, including brownie and cheesecake pieces, cereal, candy, sprinkles, peanuts and hot fudge. Or one can enjoy a healthier treat, topping the dish with fresh fruit.

My Yogurt Bliss, which opened earlier this semester, is already a staple in many students’ routines.

“I go to My Yogurt Bliss at least once a week, although sometimes more,” junior Danielle Watkins said. “My favorite flavor is the original and I top mine with cheesecake, strawberries and blueberries.”

The seating is limited, but this doesn’t pose a problem as many yogurt-goers purchase and leave. However, around 7 p.m. each day, the line for yogurt stretches to the back door; it’s the busiest time of the night.

If you’re ready to experience the bliss, the shop is open from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 12 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Whether you prefer your yogurt sweet or tart, low in calories or loaded with sugar, My Yogurt Bliss has something for everyone.

Kelly Burns can be reached at kburns@themiamihurricane.com.

My Yogurt Bliss

Where: 1554 South Dixie Highway (on U.S. 1 across from UM, between Subway and the AT&T store)

hours of operation: Sun.- Thurs.: 11 a.m.- 11 p.m.; Fri. and Sat.: 11 a.m.- 12 a.m.

Cost: 48 cents an ounce

About Author

Kelly Burns Contributing News Writer

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Tasty treats across the street”

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...