Tasty treats across the street

Sophomore Lane Carico adds toppings to her frozen yogurt while at My Yogurt Bliss. Like Carico, other UM students frequent the yogurt store where they get to serve themselves different flavors and toppings, which are all weighed before making the purchase. Brittney Bomnin//Photo Editor

If you’re looking for a light frozen treat after a long day of classes but are unwilling to pack on the pounds, opt for a healthier choice at self-serve frozen yogurt store, My Yogurt Bliss. Conveniently located across from UM on U.S. 1, My Yogurt Bliss treats guests to a buffet-style yogurt bar in which the flavors change daily and the toppings never cease to entice.

When you walk into the store, grab a 16-ounce container that you can fill with frozen yogurt, mixing and matching flavors and choosing any toppings you wish. The cost is determined by the weight of the container, priced at 48 cents an ounce.

My Yogurt Bliss offers an extensive number of selections in comparison to other local choices, like Yogen Früz and Yogurbella, and presents the opportunity to prepare your own dessert. It offers 10 different flavors, ranging from conventional choices such as vanilla or strawberry, to daring flavors such as cake batter or red velvet.

Topping selections are just as diverse with over 40 choices, including brownie and cheesecake pieces, cereal, candy, sprinkles, peanuts and hot fudge. Or one can enjoy a healthier treat, topping the dish with fresh fruit.

My Yogurt Bliss, which opened earlier this semester, is already a staple in many students’ routines.

“I go to My Yogurt Bliss at least once a week, although sometimes more,” junior Danielle Watkins said. “My favorite flavor is the original and I top mine with cheesecake, strawberries and blueberries.”

The seating is limited, but this doesn’t pose a problem as many yogurt-goers purchase and leave. However, around 7 p.m. each day, the line for yogurt stretches to the back door; it’s the busiest time of the night.

If you’re ready to experience the bliss, the shop is open from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 12 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Whether you prefer your yogurt sweet or tart, low in calories or loaded with sugar, My Yogurt Bliss has something for everyone.

Kelly Burns can be reached at kburns@themiamihurricane.com.

My Yogurt Bliss

Where: 1554 South Dixie Highway (on U.S. 1 across from UM, between Subway and the AT&T store)

hours of operation: Sun.- Thurs.: 11 a.m.- 11 p.m.; Fri. and Sat.: 11 a.m.- 12 a.m.

Cost: 48 cents an ounce

Kelly Burns

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Tasty treats across the street”

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...