Love don’t cost a thing

Albert Einstein once said “gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” Though this may very well be true, every Feb. 14 it’s as if cupid’s raindrops hail from the sky and pour down a flood of love-struck hysteria on all of mankind.

Valentine’s Day, one of the most hated yet beloved holidays in the world, is infamous for leaving lovers lost and confused. Nevertheless, that doesn’t stop millions of people from running out and spending their last dimes on that special valentine.

Fortunately, this February, fear not. When in doubt, always remember ladies first, and be unique! For instance, red roses and chocolates are somewhat typical and traditional, unless you two are still getting to know one another. For more veteran and experienced duos, dinner (like a moonlight beach picnic) and a movie will never really go out of style. Simple but big gestures also play a major role on a Valentine’s date including: soft romantic music (perhaps a favorite song), opening doors, genuine compliments and an “I love you” here and there is always a nice touch.

Jamie Stephens may be contacted at jstephen@themiamihurricane.com.

#########

INFO BOX:

Gift Guide
Define Your Valentine:
What do those gifts say about your sweetie?

• Chocolates and roses: Traditional (Price Range: $5-30)
  • Movie/Concert/Sports event: Casual yet Fun (Price Range: $20-50)
  • Cologne or Perfume: Sweet yet Sensual (Price Range: $40-80)
  • Lingerie or Boxers: Intimate (Price Range: $20-50)
  • Dinner and/or Beach date: Romantic (Price Range: $40-60)
  • Jewelry (necklaces, watches, etc.): Committed (Price Range: $40-100)

Jamie Stephens

Contributing EDGE Writer

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...