Shopping for a cure

VIGI Boutique located in South Miami. Tanya Thompson // The Miami Hurricane

For all those ladies looking for a hot new Grove outfit or South Beach-ready shoes, stroll on over to Red Road’s VIGI Boutique. This Thursday the trendy one-stop fashion store is inviting people to shop for a cause. From 4-8 p.m., VIGI will be hosting a shopping/cocktail party during which 10% of proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation to help fight breast cancer.

Additionally, VIGI will be giving away free pink cupcakes and cocktails provided by 2 Girls and A Cupcake. Pink tote bags will be available with every $50 purchase. DJ Ali B will also be spinning the tunes.

Aside from its social awareness, VIGI is an established boutique with a fashion-forward style and a classic and polished vibe.

“We are trendy without being trampy,” said owner and president Virginia Lovaton.

At VIGI, shoppers will find everything from cute and comfy t-shirts and jeans to sky-high heels and chic dresses. Lovaton stocks her boutique with unique brands not found in department stores such as J.J. Winters and Hanky Panky, giving VIGI an original edge.

Unlike other stores, VIGI carries clothes for the season so shoppers can walk in to find something to wear that very night.

“I sell clothes for the Miami lifestyle and the Miami weather,” Lovaton said.  “We carry the winter look without the winter weight of the fabric.”

VIGI caters to women of all ages and sizes, carrying sizes 2-12.

“I went to VIGI when my mom was visiting and not only did I find a great purse, but she even found a pretty dress!” junior Caitlin De Cristo said.

Prices range from $80 to $300, so for those on college budgets, it might be a little pricey. VIGI The Backroom is located just around the corner from the main shop and is stocked with items on sale from 30-70% off the original price.

If You Go:

What: VIGI Boutique’s shopping/cocktail party to support Susan G. Koman for the Cure

When: Thursday, Oct. 22 from 4-8 p.m.

Where: 7230 Red Road Suite A

Samantha Hickey

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...