Freshman Tailgate replaces Freshman Walk

This year, in lieu of the annual on-field walk for the first home game of the season, freshmen will be treated to a tailgating party to kick off the start of football season and their college careers at the University of Miami.

Category 5, the university’s spirit programming board, has worked diligently to plan the event to welcome new students.

“Logistically the walk did not work,” said Cortney Tidwell, Cat 5’s chairman. “So instead we have worked to bring a tailgate party prior to kickoff to celebrate.”

The tailgate will include DJs from Power 96, free food, and giveaways and will be held just outside of the student entrance, Gate B at Landshark Stadium.

In addition, busses will be available to transport commuting freshmen as well as others to and from the stadium.

The pickup is at the BankUnited Center loading dock and will run from 3:30 p.m to 4:30. Students should pick up the sticker for bus use anytime at the UC front desk during distribution days.

The reserved student seating has changed from last year as well. Students will now be seated in section 153 and 154 of the lower bowl.

Students should wear orange to the game.

Megan Terilli

Contributing EDGE Writer

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...