Freshman Tailgate replaces Freshman Walk

This year, in lieu of the annual on-field walk for the first home game of the season, freshmen will be treated to a tailgating party to kick off the start of football season and their college careers at the University of Miami.

Category 5, the university’s spirit programming board, has worked diligently to plan the event to welcome new students.

“Logistically the walk did not work,” said Cortney Tidwell, Cat 5’s chairman. “So instead we have worked to bring a tailgate party prior to kickoff to celebrate.”

The tailgate will include DJs from Power 96, free food, and giveaways and will be held just outside of the student entrance, Gate B at Landshark Stadium.

In addition, busses will be available to transport commuting freshmen as well as others to and from the stadium.

The pickup is at the BankUnited Center loading dock and will run from 3:30 p.m to 4:30. Students should pick up the sticker for bus use anytime at the UC front desk during distribution days.

The reserved student seating has changed from last year as well. Students will now be seated in section 153 and 154 of the lower bowl.

Students should wear orange to the game.

Megan Terilli

Contributing EDGE Writer

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...

Miami director of track and field/cross country Amy Deem's incredible career earned her a place ...