Freshman Tailgate replaces Freshman Walk

This year, in lieu of the annual on-field walk for the first home game of the season, freshmen will be treated to a tailgating party to kick off the start of football season and their college careers at the University of Miami.

Category 5, the university’s spirit programming board, has worked diligently to plan the event to welcome new students.

“Logistically the walk did not work,” said Cortney Tidwell, Cat 5’s chairman. “So instead we have worked to bring a tailgate party prior to kickoff to celebrate.”

The tailgate will include DJs from Power 96, free food, and giveaways and will be held just outside of the student entrance, Gate B at Landshark Stadium.

In addition, busses will be available to transport commuting freshmen as well as others to and from the stadium.

The pickup is at the BankUnited Center loading dock and will run from 3:30 p.m to 4:30. Students should pick up the sticker for bus use anytime at the UC front desk during distribution days.

The reserved student seating has changed from last year as well. Students will now be seated in section 153 and 154 of the lower bowl.

Students should wear orange to the game.

Megan Terilli

Contributing EDGE Writer

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...