Technology Product Center referees computer battles

In the right corner, weighing in at 5.8 pounds, we have the Dell Latitude D630. In the left corner, starting at three pounds, we have a Mac.

Whether at class, the library, or just walking around, laptops are popping open all throughout campus, but what model is the best for a University of Miami college student?

“The most important question when shopping for a computer is not Mac or PC, but what software will you need to run? This is why we ask students to check with their college/school/program on what software they will be required to use,” said Amado Salazar, manager of the Technology Product Center. “This will make the decision on which hardware they should consider and ultimately purchase easier.”

The Technology Product Center sells discounted models of Hewlett Packards, Apples, and Dells along with software to students, faculty, and staff at UM.

In 2008, approximately 260 individuals used the educational pricing offer by the TPC to purchase their computer system, according to Salazar.

The Technical Product Center has put up a new Web site that shows all the information for laptops with your student discount. The Web site can be viewed at www.miami.edu/tcp.

The site is easy to browse through and offers everything from laptop suggestions to quotes. All you need is your CaneID and password.

Ileana Hernandez

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...