Technology Product Center referees computer battles

In the right corner, weighing in at 5.8 pounds, we have the Dell Latitude D630. In the left corner, starting at three pounds, we have a Mac.

Whether at class, the library, or just walking around, laptops are popping open all throughout campus, but what model is the best for a University of Miami college student?

“The most important question when shopping for a computer is not Mac or PC, but what software will you need to run? This is why we ask students to check with their college/school/program on what software they will be required to use,” said Amado Salazar, manager of the Technology Product Center. “This will make the decision on which hardware they should consider and ultimately purchase easier.”

The Technology Product Center sells discounted models of Hewlett Packards, Apples, and Dells along with software to students, faculty, and staff at UM.

In 2008, approximately 260 individuals used the educational pricing offer by the TPC to purchase their computer system, according to Salazar.

The Technical Product Center has put up a new Web site that shows all the information for laptops with your student discount. The Web site can be viewed at www.miami.edu/tcp.

The site is easy to browse through and offers everything from laptop suggestions to quotes. All you need is your CaneID and password.

Ileana Hernandez

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...