Mango and Manny’s the U’s most popular restaurant

mangomanny2mwonline

A line forms in front of the food court's most popular spot, Mango and Manny's Marketplace. MATT WALLACH // Hurricane Staff

Walking by a jam-packed Rathskeller could lead some to believe that the lakeside restaurant is the University of Miami’s most popular, but recent findings by Auxiliary Services indicate that Mango and Manny’s, located in the UC food court, is the top dining option of choice.

Mango and Manny’s, which opened in the fall of 2007,  is a Caribbean-style restaurant that offers jerk chicken, Cuban sandwiches and rotisserie chicken.

Mel Tenen, assistant vice president of Auxiliary Services, pointed to the excellent food quality at a cheap price as the reason for Mango and Manny’s success.

“Mango and Manny’s is extremely popular. It has terrific price points on the four and five varieties of chop-chop,” Tenen said. “The demand for the chop-chop and the rotisserie chicken in addition to everything else at Mango and Manny’s is phenomenal.”

Mango and Manny’s offers its half rotisserie chicken with rice and beans for a mere $5.89. Its original chop-chop is only $3.49.

Quality food at reasonable prices are restaurant traits many students look for, especially in today’s economy.

“Their food is delicious, I really enjoy it,” freshman Sophia Schneider said. “I go twice a week, usually Monday and Wednesday.”

Although Mango and Manny’s is the top-dog of the food court, Mel Tenen said that there is another restaurant on its heels. “Wendy’s has taken a big upward jump this semester and we attribute that a lot to their value meals and their combo meals for the price-conscious consumer.”

Matt Reed

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...