Letters to the Editor

Letter to the editor: Complaints about trayless dining hall proposal

I recently learned that there would be only one ticket for this year’s student elections, so I decided to take a look at their Web site to see what our future leaders were about. I was supremely disappointed to find that not only was there no way to contact anyone on the ticket with suggestions about the platform, as there are a couple of TERRIBLE ideas floating around. A trayless dining hall? Why? We have already paid for the trays that are there and they cannot be a significant operating cost. How are students supposed to carry a cup, silverware and multiple plates of food (how often do you eat food from a single station?) to your seat in one trip? The dining halls already feel overcrowded during lunch, so why make the congestion worse by forcing people to make multiple trips. Plus, how are wheelchair-bound student s going to transport their meals? Trays allow people flexibility. This is going to be a huge headache. Other schools have done this, often to the chagrin of the student bodies involved. It’s one thing to be environmentally conscious, but another to be unconscionably foolish. Do not go trayless.

P.S. What the hell are you going to do with all the trays?

Cole Brown
Junior

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...