Letters to the Editor

Letter to the editor: Complaints about trayless dining hall proposal

I recently learned that there would be only one ticket for this year’s student elections, so I decided to take a look at their Web site to see what our future leaders were about. I was supremely disappointed to find that not only was there no way to contact anyone on the ticket with suggestions about the platform, as there are a couple of TERRIBLE ideas floating around. A trayless dining hall? Why? We have already paid for the trays that are there and they cannot be a significant operating cost. How are students supposed to carry a cup, silverware and multiple plates of food (how often do you eat food from a single station?) to your seat in one trip? The dining halls already feel overcrowded during lunch, so why make the congestion worse by forcing people to make multiple trips. Plus, how are wheelchair-bound student s going to transport their meals? Trays allow people flexibility. This is going to be a huge headache. Other schools have done this, often to the chagrin of the student bodies involved. It’s one thing to be environmentally conscious, but another to be unconscionably foolish. Do not go trayless.

P.S. What the hell are you going to do with all the trays?

Cole Brown
Junior

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...

No. 24 Miami got off to a dream start but could not hold on against No. 1 Florida Friday night, fall ...

The Hurricanes were momentarily slowed down by the first rain delay of the season, but held the Coug ...