UM shuttle tracking site launched

On Jan. 20, www.umshuttles.com was launched.

This Web site enables students to track buses before they reach their designated stops. It offers the user the ability to log on from a computer or PDA and click on the specific route of interest. Once done, a map of the university with the highlighted route and the bus’s current location shows up.

Alternatively, a student can drag the cursor over the spot nearest them and approximately how long it will take before the bus reaches that destination is revealed.

“You can really track and see where you are going,” said Richard Sobaram, the director of Parking and Transportation Services.

Each bus has a GPS system installed for this service. The system is self sufficient and updates itself automatically.

“It makes things so much more manageable and convenient” senior Stephanie Santagati said.

Johnathan Beauchamps

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...