UM shuttle tracking site launched

On Jan. 20, www.umshuttles.com was launched.

This Web site enables students to track buses before they reach their designated stops. It offers the user the ability to log on from a computer or PDA and click on the specific route of interest. Once done, a map of the university with the highlighted route and the bus’s current location shows up.

Alternatively, a student can drag the cursor over the spot nearest them and approximately how long it will take before the bus reaches that destination is revealed.

“You can really track and see where you are going,” said Richard Sobaram, the director of Parking and Transportation Services.

Each bus has a GPS system installed for this service. The system is self sufficient and updates itself automatically.

“It makes things so much more manageable and convenient” senior Stephanie Santagati said.

Johnathan Beauchamps

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...