An Evening of ‘Forever Tango’ in Miami

The origin of tango is quite debatable, but its ability to awaken the senses is not. Tango is a dance of submission, of total connection between the dance partners, of power, love and passion. If there ever was a show capable of capturing the attention of the audience and making them long to dance, it would be Luis Bravo’s production of Forever Tango, which played at the Miami-Dade City Auditorium, a mix of old school charm, elegance and energy.

The dancers made the spectators go wild. David Leguizamon and Vanesa Villalba were the true stars of the night, bringing a performance not only athletic and extremely challenging, but full of drama and beauty, just the way tango is meant to be. All performers delivered beautiful dances full of strength, class, and passion: Cristian Cisneros and Virginia Porrino, Carlos Vera and Laura Marcarie, Juan Paulo Horvath, Marcela Duran, Claudio Villagra and Maria Celeste Medina made this evening like none other.

For the audience, Forever Tango provided more than a couple hours of entertainment; it provided material for daydreaming of a night of tango in Buenos Aires.

If You Go

What: Forever Tango
Where: Coral Springs Center For The Arts, Coral Springs, FL
When: February 10, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $53-63.60

Or

Where: Mahaffey Theater, Saint Petersburg, FL
When: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $40-60

Carla Kerstens

Contributing Writer

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

The University of Miami women's golf team moved to No. 25 in the latest Golfweek.com rankings t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 4-2 decision at No. 12 Oklahoma State Saturday. ...

The Hurricanes fell to the Orange, 62-55, at the Watsco Center. ...