An Evening of ‘Forever Tango’ in Miami

The origin of tango is quite debatable, but its ability to awaken the senses is not. Tango is a dance of submission, of total connection between the dance partners, of power, love and passion. If there ever was a show capable of capturing the attention of the audience and making them long to dance, it would be Luis Bravo’s production of Forever Tango, which played at the Miami-Dade City Auditorium, a mix of old school charm, elegance and energy.

The dancers made the spectators go wild. David Leguizamon and Vanesa Villalba were the true stars of the night, bringing a performance not only athletic and extremely challenging, but full of drama and beauty, just the way tango is meant to be. All performers delivered beautiful dances full of strength, class, and passion: Cristian Cisneros and Virginia Porrino, Carlos Vera and Laura Marcarie, Juan Paulo Horvath, Marcela Duran, Claudio Villagra and Maria Celeste Medina made this evening like none other.

For the audience, Forever Tango provided more than a couple hours of entertainment; it provided material for daydreaming of a night of tango in Buenos Aires.

If You Go

What: Forever Tango
Where: Coral Springs Center For The Arts, Coral Springs, FL
When: February 10, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $53-63.60

Or

Where: Mahaffey Theater, Saint Petersburg, FL
When: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $40-60

Carla Kerstens

Contributing Writer

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...