An Evening of ‘Forever Tango’ in Miami

The origin of tango is quite debatable, but its ability to awaken the senses is not. Tango is a dance of submission, of total connection between the dance partners, of power, love and passion. If there ever was a show capable of capturing the attention of the audience and making them long to dance, it would be Luis Bravo’s production of Forever Tango, which played at the Miami-Dade City Auditorium, a mix of old school charm, elegance and energy.

The dancers made the spectators go wild. David Leguizamon and Vanesa Villalba were the true stars of the night, bringing a performance not only athletic and extremely challenging, but full of drama and beauty, just the way tango is meant to be. All performers delivered beautiful dances full of strength, class, and passion: Cristian Cisneros and Virginia Porrino, Carlos Vera and Laura Marcarie, Juan Paulo Horvath, Marcela Duran, Claudio Villagra and Maria Celeste Medina made this evening like none other.

For the audience, Forever Tango provided more than a couple hours of entertainment; it provided material for daydreaming of a night of tango in Buenos Aires.

If You Go

What: Forever Tango
Where: Coral Springs Center For The Arts, Coral Springs, FL
When: February 10, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $53-63.60

Or

Where: Mahaffey Theater, Saint Petersburg, FL
When: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $40-60

Carla Kerstens

Contributing Writer

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...