An Evening of ‘Forever Tango’ in Miami

The origin of tango is quite debatable, but its ability to awaken the senses is not. Tango is a dance of submission, of total connection between the dance partners, of power, love and passion. If there ever was a show capable of capturing the attention of the audience and making them long to dance, it would be Luis Bravo’s production of Forever Tango, which played at the Miami-Dade City Auditorium, a mix of old school charm, elegance and energy.

The dancers made the spectators go wild. David Leguizamon and Vanesa Villalba were the true stars of the night, bringing a performance not only athletic and extremely challenging, but full of drama and beauty, just the way tango is meant to be. All performers delivered beautiful dances full of strength, class, and passion: Cristian Cisneros and Virginia Porrino, Carlos Vera and Laura Marcarie, Juan Paulo Horvath, Marcela Duran, Claudio Villagra and Maria Celeste Medina made this evening like none other.

For the audience, Forever Tango provided more than a couple hours of entertainment; it provided material for daydreaming of a night of tango in Buenos Aires.

If You Go

What: Forever Tango
Where: Coral Springs Center For The Arts, Coral Springs, FL
When: February 10, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $53-63.60

Or

Where: Mahaffey Theater, Saint Petersburg, FL
When: Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:00 p.m.
Cost: $40-60

Carla Kerstens

Contributing Writer

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...