Langerado Music Festival canceled

Organizers announced on Tuesday that the seventh annual Langerado Music Festival has been canceled. A message on the festival’s website, www.langerado.com, said poor ticket sales led to the cancellation.

“Unfortunately, during these difficult economic times, and facing a first year in a new venue, it’s become apparent that we cannot execute a production that lives up to the high standards of our past events,” said Ethan Schwartz, one of the event’s promoters, in the release.

The festival was set to take place at Miami’s Bicentennial Park from March 6-8. Scheduled performers included Death Cab for Cutie, Thievery Corporation, Snoop Dogg, Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene, among others.

Promoters Mark Brown and Ethan Schwartz created Langerado as a way to bring jam-based live music to South Florida, and the festival has expanded over the past six years to include a wide variety of genres. This would have been the first year the festival took place in Miami.

Ticket refunds will be processed in the next five to seven business days.

In 2007, Miami’s BANG! Music Festival was postponed and never rescheduled. South Florida’s 11th annual Ultra Music Festival is still scheduled to take place this March at Bicentennial Park.

The first annual Harvest of Hope Festival, still scheduled for the same weekend Langerado was set to occur, will include many of the same artists. The festival will take place at St. John’s County Fairgrounds in St. Augustine and proceeds will benefit migrant farm workers. Tickets can be purchased at www.harvestofhopefest.com.

Lauren Shepherd

Five years and two days after being fired as FIU’s football coach, at least one report declares form ...

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...