A word of explanation: Hamas Cartoon

It has come to my attention that the cartoon I drew last week regarding Hamas policies has seriously personally offended certain members of the UM community, and I would like to personally say that this was not my intent. The purpose of the cartoon was to visually portray my point of view of how Hamas is handling the situation in Gaza. There is hard evidence proving that Hamas members, in certain circumstances, use women and children as human shields against their will. I wanted to expose the suffering on the Palestinian side in a manner that is hardly seen because it is shunned from the media view.

Tiffany Agam

Contributing EDGE Writer/Cartoonist

3 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “A word of explanation: Hamas Cartoon”

1. An error in the headlining of this article online has since been corrected. It is properly headlined in the print version of The Miami Hurricane.

2. Tiffany agam says:

I would like to say that the title of this letter is misinforming. I am not apologizing. I have nothing to apologize for. I drew a cartoon with something i wanted to convey and a message I wanted to relay. It is not my fault if it was grossly misinterpreted, to the contrary, it is maybe others who should apologize to me for their distortion of my intent. I am appalled that a forced apology is resulting out of my clarification.

3. Seth says:

The only thing offensive about this cartoon was the ignorance it exposed by the people deeply offended by it. It is offensive to me that the same people who claim to care about the Palestinians so dearly (not to mention go to a high level university) do not even understand the situation enough to realize that this cartoon is to support the health and welfare of the Palestinians, not to harm them!
    It is almost a joke that this ‘apology’ is printed in the same issue that has an article about a woman who shits herself during sexual intercourse. THAT is offensive to me and I am sure many people on this campus, yet we are not demanding an apology. The weekly articles about homosexuality are offensive to people on this campus as well, yet they run apology free. Why? Because this is a newspaper, a foundation of freedom of speech, and no one should have to apologize for their opinions. Grow up people, if you don’t like it, don’t read it!

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...