Basketball

Women’s basketball team falls to Houston Cougars, 70-64

The Miami Hurricanes women’s basketball team dropped their second game of the season with the Houston Cougars pulling away late, 70-64.

The Cougars were propelled by their ability to hit 7-of-11 beyond the three-point line in the second half.

Freshman sensation Shenise Johnson had an impressive game, scoring 21 points, dishing six assists, pulling down seven rebounds and coming away with seven steals.

Senior guard LaToya Cunningham scored a season-high 15 points and junior forward Charmaine Clark added 10 points.

But the Hurricanes couldn’t overcome their free throw problems. Miami shot 58 percent from the charity stripe. As a team, the Cougars were 16-of-21 from the foul line.

The women’s team will return to action when they head to face crosstown rival FIU tomorrow evening at 6 p.m.

Lelan LeDoux

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...