Events Beats

The School of Business Administration will host a UM Global Business Forum entitled “Harnessing the Power of the Connected World” on Jan. 15 and 16, 2009. Early registration for UM alumni, faculty, staff and students is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until December 10, and costs $500. Business leaders from around the world will speak, and panel sessions will be held. Reserve a seat at www.bus.miami.edu/gbf.

UM alumnus and national security expert John Wohlstetter spoke at the Learning Center Tuesday night about “America’s Four 9/11’s and Four Super 9/11’s in Sight.” The author and blogger discussed security and communications as well as war and the economy. “John Wohlstetter is a leading voice in worldwide security and communications issues,” said Michael R. Halleran, dean of the College of Arts & Sciences. ”The university welcomes back a true scholar and newsmaker. The timing of his visit couldn’t be better given the fluctuating state of current events.” Check out Wohlstetter’s blog at www.letterfromthecapitol.com.

The Comedy With a Purpose Tour will be making guests laugh at the BankUnited Center Friday at 8 p.m. The tour features Earthquake, J. Anthony Brown, Marvin Dixon, Melanie Camacho, Damon Williams and Gary Owen. Ticket prices range from $16.25 to $125. The most expensive ticket includes seating in the first five rows along with food and drink. To buy tickets, go to www.ticketmaster.com.

Nina Ruggiero

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...