Events Beats

The School of Business Administration will host a UM Global Business Forum entitled “Harnessing the Power of the Connected World” on Jan. 15 and 16, 2009. Early registration for UM alumni, faculty, staff and students is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until December 10, and costs $500. Business leaders from around the world will speak, and panel sessions will be held. Reserve a seat at www.bus.miami.edu/gbf.

UM alumnus and national security expert John Wohlstetter spoke at the Learning Center Tuesday night about “America’s Four 9/11’s and Four Super 9/11’s in Sight.” The author and blogger discussed security and communications as well as war and the economy. “John Wohlstetter is a leading voice in worldwide security and communications issues,” said Michael R. Halleran, dean of the College of Arts & Sciences. ”The university welcomes back a true scholar and newsmaker. The timing of his visit couldn’t be better given the fluctuating state of current events.” Check out Wohlstetter’s blog at www.letterfromthecapitol.com.

The Comedy With a Purpose Tour will be making guests laugh at the BankUnited Center Friday at 8 p.m. The tour features Earthquake, J. Anthony Brown, Marvin Dixon, Melanie Camacho, Damon Williams and Gary Owen. Ticket prices range from $16.25 to $125. The most expensive ticket includes seating in the first five rows along with food and drink. To buy tickets, go to www.ticketmaster.com.

Nina Ruggiero

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...