Events Beats

The School of Business Administration will host a UM Global Business Forum entitled “Harnessing the Power of the Connected World” on Jan. 15 and 16, 2009. Early registration for UM alumni, faculty, staff and students is available on a first-come, first-serve basis until December 10, and costs $500. Business leaders from around the world will speak, and panel sessions will be held. Reserve a seat at www.bus.miami.edu/gbf.

UM alumnus and national security expert John Wohlstetter spoke at the Learning Center Tuesday night about “America’s Four 9/11’s and Four Super 9/11’s in Sight.” The author and blogger discussed security and communications as well as war and the economy. “John Wohlstetter is a leading voice in worldwide security and communications issues,” said Michael R. Halleran, dean of the College of Arts & Sciences. ”The university welcomes back a true scholar and newsmaker. The timing of his visit couldn’t be better given the fluctuating state of current events.” Check out Wohlstetter’s blog at www.letterfromthecapitol.com.

The Comedy With a Purpose Tour will be making guests laugh at the BankUnited Center Friday at 8 p.m. The tour features Earthquake, J. Anthony Brown, Marvin Dixon, Melanie Camacho, Damon Williams and Gary Owen. Ticket prices range from $16.25 to $125. The most expensive ticket includes seating in the first five rows along with food and drink. To buy tickets, go to www.ticketmaster.com.

Nina Ruggiero