Our opinion: Take a look around class and see some familiar faces

Next time you’re in class, look around… check out all the different types of people you see. Here at The Miami Hurricane, we’ve devised a list of stereotypical students you most likely have encountered at one point or another.

Online Poker Fanatic – This student has spent the past 12 hours gambling away his parents’ rent money. If you look closely, he’s actually up $20.

Stock-Tip Boy – In your political science classes, I’m sure you can recall the student in the back of the room shouting out “Sell Microsoft! I’ve been watching it all day and now is the time to sell!”

Wiki-Kid – This student waits for the teacher to ask a question and with precise keystrokes determines the answer quick enough to get extra credit on that next test.

Blackberry Queen – We all know her. You might not think we can hear you typing away at your handheld, but those keys are freaking loud, girl.

The Goth – Your mother thinks it’s only a phase, but talking with your head down and mumbling responses to the prof only weirds us out.

Smelly Boy – Whether they’re right next to you or in the opposite corner of the room, you’re ecstatic when they don’t show up to class.

Jock – Ok, ok, we understand you just came from the gym, but put those guns away, save ‘em for the beach.

We don’t mean to offend anyone, but as our community’s watchdog, we’ve got to keep a look out for annoying archetypes and point them out.

Editorial Board

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...