RSMAS Beat Notebook

Graduate student organization holds auction event

The Marine Science Graduate Student Organization auctioned off everything from gift certificates to dance classes on Friday night at their annual benefit auction and rummage sale held at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. Proceeds went towards the organization’s travel fund which allows students to attend conferences and conduct research. For $5 admission, including food and drinks, attendants were able to participate in the silent auction at 5 p.m. and a live auction at 6 p.m.

Bonefish census scheduled for Oct. 29

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and Bonefish & Tarpon Unlimited announced on Oct. 6 that the sixth annual Florida Keys fall bonefish population census has been scheduled for Wed., Oct. 29. The census is conducted to determine population trends for one of the Florida Keys’ most significant sport fish. It is the only population estimate conducted on bonefish and the information is important in evaluating the yearly changes and long-term sustainability of this population.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...