RSMAS Beat Notebook

Graduate student organization holds auction event

The Marine Science Graduate Student Organization auctioned off everything from gift certificates to dance classes on Friday night at their annual benefit auction and rummage sale held at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. Proceeds went towards the organization’s travel fund which allows students to attend conferences and conduct research. For $5 admission, including food and drinks, attendants were able to participate in the silent auction at 5 p.m. and a live auction at 6 p.m.

Bonefish census scheduled for Oct. 29

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and Bonefish & Tarpon Unlimited announced on Oct. 6 that the sixth annual Florida Keys fall bonefish population census has been scheduled for Wed., Oct. 29. The census is conducted to determine population trends for one of the Florida Keys’ most significant sport fish. It is the only population estimate conducted on bonefish and the information is important in evaluating the yearly changes and long-term sustainability of this population.

Analisa Harangozo

Staff News Writer

The Miami Hurricanes football team hosted the 2017 Football Awards Show at Gusman Hall on the Univer ...