8 of the best ways to spend Valentine’s Day in Miami

Making valentines crafts, like the one’s pictured above, is a fun and easy way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with friends. Photo credit: Senior Airman Clayton Lenhardt via Wikimedia Commons

Get your wallets ready! It’s time to buy chocolate boxes, teddy bears and jewelry. That’s right, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.

If you’re struggling to decide how to spend the day, look no further than The Miami Hurricane’s list of eight ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Miami.

Picnic on the Beach

Pack a blanket, a picnic basket and some delicious food. One of the most relaxing activities is enjoying the beautiful ocean view and breeze. With a plethora of white sand beaches to choose from, you can’t go wrong with this option for Valentine’s Day. However, if you’re looking to enjoy a quieter option, hit up Crandon Park or Bill Baggs State Park on Key Biscayne. Bonus points if you go for sunset.

Dine at Miami’s Finest

It’s no secret that Miami holds some of the finest and most romantic restaurants. Going to a nice restaurant on Valentine’s Day is a safe option and will surely be pleasant spent with the people you love. With many options in Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Miami Beach and more, you are sure to find a nice spot. However, Valentine’s Day is notoriously one of the busiest nights in the restaurant industry, so be sure to secure a reservation and aim for an earlier time to avoid the crowds.

Peacock Garden in Coconut Grove offers a secret-garden feel with fairy lights against lush greenery. If you’re looking for fine dining and french cuisine, check out LPM Restaurant and Bar in Brickell. For those looking to go on a lunch date before the crowds, head over to Pura Vida in Coral Gables, Fla. for a fresh, healthy meal.

Bake Valentine’s Day Treats

A lot of people get chocolate on Valentine’s Day. But — let’s be honest — the majority of the cheap chocolate gift boxes aren’t the best. It’s time to upgrade your Valentine’s Day treats. Google is your best friend for finding the perfect recipe. Replace Hershey kisses for a homemade chocolate lava cake. Baking brings people together and is sure to be a memorable (and delicious) way to spend the night.

“Moonlight & Music” Valentine’s Day Concert

If you’re a fan of jazz music, this concert is sure to set the perfect mood for your night. Located at Deering Estate, this festival will feature jazz singer Bianca Rosarrio with Nikki Kidd as the opening performance. General Admission is $60, which secures seating on the lawn. The concert starts at 8 p.m. on Feb. 14, which allows guests to enjoy music under the stars.

Pamper Yourself

Whether it’s a couples massage, facial or hair appointment, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to do some self care. Miami has many salons, so book that spa treatment! Spend a little extra on yourself to rejuvenate your body and mind. Head to GoldenTouch Haircuts in Lakeside Village on campus for a fresh cut, stop by Avant-Garde Salon & Spa in Coral Gables, Fla. for a massage or check Alix Earle’s favorite IGK salon in downtown Miami.

Take a Sunset Cruise

Have you always wanted to take a sunset boat cruise? Well, Valentine’s Day is the time to have that experience. Miami has many different cruises to offer from private excursions to dinner aboard the boat. Take in the skylines and pink and orange colors the sun sets over the city.

Watch a Rom-Com

Not up for facing the Valentine’s Day crowds? No problem. Fire up the big screen and put on your favorite rom-om. Get a good laugh and some relaxation all from the comfort of your own home. Enjoy a classic like “When Harry Met Sally,” or catch up on movies trending on TikTok like “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.” You can even relive your high school days with a cheesy Netflix original like “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.”

Host a Valentine’s Day Craft Party

It’s time we bring ourselves back to the elementary school classrooms. Remember when we used to decorate shoe boxes and paper bags to put valentines in? Do that. Get a group of friends together, make your very own valentine holder and stick your homemade Valentine’s Day cards in there. Write a heartfelt message and show those people how much you love them.