Meet LUVHUE: Broward County’s artist on the rise

Photo credit: LUVHUE

LUVHUE has been making waves in the music scene so far, having performed at Deco Drive, Ray Angry’s Producer Mondays in New York and alongside DJ EPPS.

I had the opportunity to sit down with LUVHUE to learn more about the humble artist and his passion for music.

What are your inspirations for becoming an artist?

I have a lot of thoughts, so basically writing is my way of expressing myself, I have a lot of random emotions in myself… I don’t project my emotions often, so I feel like writing and making music is a way to express that.

When did you start pursuing music?

I started taking music seriously after high school graduation, late 19s – turning 25 January 22.

How did you come up with your artist name, LUVHUE?

LUVHUE is a play on the words ‘love you.’ The name LUVHUE is basically a triple entendre. The first meaning — which is obvious — is love you, meaning ‘love yourself’ cause at the end of the day, you have to live with yourself. The second is ‘love me as the artist for who I am and what I’m about.’ The last is color, which can be interpreted as love minorities or love your culture where you come from.

Why did you choose to create the Revengers EP project?

The “Revengers” tape was inspired by one of my favorite animes, “Tokyo Revengers,” the cover art is actually the main character of the series. I took a manga panel and had it redesigned to make him look Black. It’s probably one of the best covers I’ve ever done so far. The “Revengers” tape was made as a continuation of my album “What a Beautiful Disaster.” On the album, I talk about how everything is just f—ed in my world, like life is out to get me. “Revengers” is like my get back for everyone or anything that did me dirty. I’m basically getting my revenge on them.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

Hopefully signed, touring and performing at Rolling Loud. That is our next aim for 2023, get me [at] Rolling Loud.

I watched your “All in My Head” music video, what was the creative direction for the video?

[On] the album “What a Beautiful Disaster,” I was trying to create something new, do a different genre. I like playing the guitar and I randomly decided to do a rock album — it was spontaneous.

Do you have a dream collaboration?

Once we [get] moving, I want to collaborate with Dominic Fike, try to link up with him if I ever get the chance. He’s one of my favorite artists.

How do you create your music?

I tend to hear the melody in my headfirst and from there the drums —808s — and counter melodies come in. The next step is heading to Fl studios and recreating what I heard. Writing the lyrics isn’t that difficult; I just freestyle till something sounds good.

What’s the artist relationship between you and your manager Nate Bensen like?

It’s a true friendship you know…and we have each other’s back. We just try to keep that. We try to just keep that that attitude, you know, and we both want the best for each other. So we give each other the best we have to offer.

Are there any upcoming projects that your fans should know about?

Right now, [I’m] working on a new album — mostly alternative rap inspired by Kid Cudi. [I have a] music video coming up with PAY MEECH.

What words of inspiration would you leave fans with?

Make a plan, but don’t expect things to go according to it. Always be ready to adapt and change. Don’t expect life to play fair.

Stream LUVHUE’s music on Spotify and follow him on Instagram @luvhuey and Twitter @LUVxHUE