Where to go in South Florida for a dose of Holiday cheer

Miami City Ballet dancers in George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®. Choreography by George Balanchine. © The George Balanchine Trust. Photo credit: Alexander Iziliaev / Miami City Ballet

Miami’s warm weather can make getting into the holiday spirit tough, but Miami has its own version of holiday cheer with some quintessential activities for the winter, ranging from immersive light shows to classic holiday snacks! Here is a list of Miami must-dos for this holiday season.

Santa’s Enchanted Forest

A Miami classic, Santa’s Enchanted Forest brings excitement and joy in the form of amusement park rides and snacks. With bright lights and elaborate displays, you’ll forget all about the heat and immerse yourself in a decidedly holiday experience. Explore acrobat shows, interactive games, adventure programs, carnival foods and more at Santa’s Enchanted Forest this season.

Make sure to purchase tickets online before going as it is very popular.

Santa’s Enchanted Forest is open now through Jan. 8, 2023.

Photo credit: Fairchild Botanical Garden

Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden’s NightGarden

Another annual Miami classic, Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden becomes alight during the holiday season. Though not exclusively holiday-themed, the lights shows are memorable and iconic. Stroll through the gardens transformed with augmented reality, technicolor floral displays, holograms and projections. After an awe-inspiring walkthrough, stop by the food trucks and try some of Miami’s best food.

Tickets can be purchased online at a student discount.

The NightGarden Miami Experience is open now through Jan. 8, 2023.

Hannah Fischer and Cameron Catazaro in George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®. Choreography by George Balanchine. © The George Balanchine Trust.
Hannah Fischer and Cameron Catazaro in George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®. Choreography by George Balanchine. © The George Balanchine Trust. Photo credit: Alexander Iziliaev / Miami City Ballet

“The Nutcracker” – Miami City Ballet

What says holiday cheer more than “The Nutcracker?” The Sugar Plum Fairy, nutcrackers, and gingerbread soldiers come alive in The Miami City Ballet’s production of “The Nutcracker.” Held at the Adrienne Arsht Center this December, this production boasts a cast of over 100 dancers and children, along with a talented live orchestra to immerse you in Tchaikovsky’s iconic score.

Tickets are available online now.

Catch “The Nutcracker” at the Adrienne Arsht Center from Dec. 16 through 24.

Frost Museum Holiday Magic Laser Evening

Combine technology and tradition in this thrilling laser display at the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science. Featuring musical displays and holiday-themed lights, this one-of-a-kind experience will put you right in the holiday spirit.

Tickets are available online.

The Laser Evening will take place on Dec. 9.

Photo credit: Michael Mok

SoundScape Cinemas Series (free)

Catch a free Christmas movie at SoundScape Cinemas this December. This outdoor cinema showcases the advantage of winter in Miami— you can hang outside with friends and get into the holiday spirit with some iconic holiday movies. Tickets are not required to attend.

Catch a film at the SoundScape Cinema from Dec. 21 through 28.

Symphony Of Lights Holiday Celebration At Gulfstream Park

Head to Hallandale Beach to see this incredible Christmas light show. Featuring over 250,000 LED lights and classic holiday music, this display is a sure-fire way to get you in the holiday spirit! Additionally, you will be able to see holiday choruses, live bands, Santa and Nutcracker stilt-walkers.

No tickets necessary.

The Symphony of Lights is showing now through Dec. 31.

Y100 Jingle Ball

A holiday staple, the Y100 Jingle Ball featuring Charlie Puth, Anitta, Backstreet Boys, Black Eyed Peas and more will visit Miami this December. Head to the show for incredible performances and holiday cheer.

Tickets are available online now.

The Y100 Jingle Ball will take place on Dec. 18.

Nights of Lights at Pinecrest Gardens

Watch Pinecrest Gardens transform into a whimsical winter wonderland with botanical light displays, mazes, food and holiday concerts. Stroll through the gardens with friends to get into the holiday spirit in a classic Miami fashion.

Tickets are available online.

The Night of Lights is open from Dec. 11 through Jan. 1.

Knaus Berry Farm

Operating seasonally, Knaus Berry Farm is based in Homestead, about 45 minutes south from Coral Gables. With the best cinnamon buns you will ever taste along with strawberry and tomato picking, Knaus Berry Farm offers a myriad of themed activities. Knaus Berry Farms is open seasonally, only throughout the winter, making it a winter staple for us in South Florida! Enjoy shakes, pies, jellies and other assorted baked goods at Knaus Berry Farm this holiday season!

Knaus Berry Farm is open now through mid-April.