Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde take a break after two years together

Daniel Benavides from Austin, TX, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

As of Nov. 18, multiple sources have confirmed to People Magazine, E! News, TMZ and Entertainment Weekly that Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde have split after two years of dating.

“He’s still touring and is now going abroad. She is focusing on her kids and her work in L.A.,” one source said to People. “It’s a very amicable decision.”

After 42 shows in the United States, Styles’ “Love On Tour” is about to go overseas. Meanwhile, Wilde is going to stay in Los Angeles where she lives with her two children — 8-year-old Otis and 6-year-old Daisy.

“They’re still very close friends,” the source said.

Another anonymous source said, “Right now, they have different priorities that are keeping them apart.”

Fans have taken to Twitter with the hashtags #holiviaisoverparty trending across the platform. Many are expressing sentiments of relief hoping the break up will confirm rumors of the relationship being a publicity stunt.

“I am jumping for joy actually,” freshman modern artist development and entrepreneurship major Athena Pacanins said. “I think the whole relationship was a PR stunt just because of the timing of it all.”

Wilde was last seen at the Kia Forum on Nov. 15 singing and dancing with her two kids at Styles’ final show.

The couple first met on set for Wilde’s most recent film, “Don’t Worry Darling.” Though they never confirmed the relationship publicly, Styles and Wilde were first seen holding hands at a friend’s wedding in Jan. 2021, around the same time “Don’t Worry Darling” was being filmed.

Though they have tried to keep their relationship private over the years, the two have endured slews of drama.

Embed from Getty Images

On the set of “Don’t Worry Darling,” the two were said to be constantly slipping away, while Wilde was still with ex-husband Jason Sudeikis. Many believed this put Wilde and lead actress Florence Pugh at odds.

However, prior to the film’s release in September, 40 cast and crew members came forward with a statement claiming that these rumors were false.

Most recently, Sudeikis and Wilde’s ex-nanny has released text messages and claims exposing Wilde’s decisions, including giving up her dog Gordon and rumors of a special salad dressing — all to spend more time with Styles.

Following the rumors, co-parents Sudeikis and Wilde put up a united front shutting down the ex-nanny’s claims as false.

Many tracks on Styles’ most recent record, “Harry’s House,” are said to be about Wilde, including “Cinema” and “Late Night Talking.” For now, all that we know is that Styles and Wilde’s relationship is not the same as it was.

Previous article‘Canes in the NFL: Midseason Update
Next article‘Canes set records at SMU Invitational
Lauren Ferrer
Lauren Ferrer is a sophomore from Miami, Fla. majoring in political science and journalism. She joined The Miami Hurricane her sophomore year, writing for News and Arts & Entertainment. She has a passion for writing and telling stories about all things Miami. Outside of the newspaper Lauren serves as an Orientation Leader and the Student Government Director of Communications. If you can’t reach her, she’s probably at a concert or too busy talking about Harry Styles.