A UM student’s guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Photo credit: Michael Mok

Deals, deals and more deals! There’s nothing better for a college student than saving money. Whether you need to get some holiday shopping done for friends and family or just want to treat yourself, now is the time to take full advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.

UM students: get your wallets ready. The following list is compiled to fit your shopping needs this holiday season:

1. Apple Airpods Pros: Walmart ($159, down from $179.98)

If you haven’t made the switch to noise-canceling earbuds, now is an excellent time. These earbuds come with different size options so you can adjust them to a comfortable fit. They stay in and have excellent sound quality — perfect for a workout or concentrated study session.

2. MacBook Air 13.6’’ Laptop: Best Buy ($1,049, down from $1,199)

Every college student needs a laptop, so you might as well save $150 on one. Most people trust Apple laptops because they’re sleek, compact and fairly reliable. Check out this deal from Best Buy and avoid the Apple Store lines.

3. Kenneth Cole Men’s Ready Flex Slim-Fit Suit: Macy’s ($99, down from $395)

Between all of the swimsuits, sunglasses and baseball caps, many students forget that they will need to dress professionally at the U. It’s time to invest in a nice suit for those business presentations and job fairs. Look sharp in this high-quality suit that is the deal of the century, then thank the lucky suit when you land that interview.

4. Sony XE200 Ultra Bluetooth Wireless Speaker: Target ($99, down from $129)

Shower parties in the dorms go hard. If you’ve been waiting to be the person that caters all of the vibes for the floor, now is the time to get a portable speaker. Play all of your tunes with this high-quality speaker that is sure to make you the favorite friend at beach days and hangouts.

Photo credit: Michael Mok

5. Buy One Book, Get One 50% Off: Barnes and Noble

Believe it or not, you don’t just have to read your business law cases or science textbook. Make reading fun again over the upcoming breaks and get lost in a book. Skim a multitude of genres, select two books that sound appealing and enjoy.

6. Thermal Long Onesie: Victoria’s Secret ($39.95, down from $59.95)

These holiday-patterned onesies are sure to get you ready for the season. This is basically one of the cutest and coziest things you can put on your body. Lounge around in your room, wear it at a slumber party or on Christmas morning.

7. Air Fryer: Bed Bath & Beyond ($49.99, down from $99.99)

Air fryers continue to be popular. They are an easy appliance for college students to test out their cooking skills on. With a plethora of air fryer recipes out there, students can cook easy and healthy recipes after a long day of classes.

Photo credit: Michael Mok

8. Polaroid Camera: Walmart ($49, down from $67)

Are polaroid cameras a bit 2016? Maybe, but I would argue that polaroid photos will never go out of style. College is the time to take all of the polaroids. Start a scrapbook. It’ll be fun to look back on.

9. DKNY Rapture 28’’ Hardside Spinner Suitcase ($147.99, down from $425)

Is your current suitcase falling apart? The wheels are broken and the zipper gets stuck? It’s time for an upgrade. Strut around the Miami International Airport in style next time you travel home. This suitcase is such a deal and will have you looking like a classy, tasteful traveler.

10. Cooling Weighted Blanket: Kohl’s ($41.64, down from $139.99)

Weighted blankets are a great way to relieve stress and get extra cozy in the winter months. This cooling blanket is perfect for Miami, where it’s still fairly warm throughout most of the year.

Happy shopping!

Previous articleMiami Heat looks to rename arena following FTX bankruptcy
Next articleMiami cruises past FAU to improve to 4-0
Morgan Fry
Morgan Fry is a sophomore from La Grange, IL majoring in management and marketing with a minor in journalism. She began writing for The Hurricane in the first semester of her freshman year and is excited to take on a new role as Assistant Arts & Entertainment Editor. Her love of Miami restaurants, site seeing and pop culture translates into her writing, which she is excited grow and share with the A&E section. Outside of the paper, Fry is a team leader for the Management 100 program in the business school and is involved with her sorority, Pi Beta Phi.