Tight end Larry Hodges enters transfer portal

MIAMI GARDENS, FL - SEPTEMBER 14: Miami Hurricanes tight end Larry Hodges (81) holds up two fingers after scoring his second touchdown during the college football game between the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats and the University of Miami Hurricanes on September 14, 2019 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. (Photo by Doug Murray/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

Rising redshirt sophomore tight end Larry Hodges has entered the transfer portal, according to a Rivals report.

Hodges played in 15 games over his three seasons with Miami, compiling three receptions for one yard. He caught his only two touchdowns in his tenure with the Hurricanes in his freshman season.

The Tampa, Florida native was a three-star recruit. ranking as the 587th best player nationally in the class of 2019 according to 247Sports Composite.

Hodges, a Jesuit High School graduate, held offers from Louisiana State, Oklahoma, North Carolina and others.

Previous articleGallery: Canes conquer Seminoles
Next articleHurricanes complete season sweep of rival Florida State
Luke Chaney
Luke Chaney is a sophomore from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. studying journalism and public relations. Chaney joined The Miami Hurricane in the beginning of his freshman year as a sports reporter. His favorite memory reporting on UM Athletics has been covering Miami football spring practice. In addition to his work as Sports Editor, he also writes about the Miami Dolphins for Five Reasons Sports and works as a play-by-play broadcaster at WVUM 90.5 FM. When he's not writing about sports, Chaney loves to play basketball and hang out with friends and family.