Football, Sports

Live Blog: No. 11 Miami vs Virginia

Running Back Cam'Ron Harris runs to the end zone for a first quarter touchdown during Miami's game versus Pittsburgh at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020.

Running Back Cam'Ron Harris runs to the end zone for a first quarter touchdown during Miami's game versus Pittsburgh at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020. Photo credit: Michael Laughlin/ACC

The Miami Hurricanes face the Virginia Cavaliers at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida. Kickoff is scheduled for 8 p.m.

Follow along with our live scoring summary and analysis below:

Fourth quarter (5:27): Miami 19, Virginia 14: Ra’Shaun Henry scores on a 35-yard touchdown pass from Brennan Armstrong.

Fourth quarter (12:04): Miami 19, Virginia 7: Don Chaney Jr. scores on a one-yard rush.

Third quarter (3:47): Miami 13, Virginia 7: Jose Borregales makes a 20-yard field goal.

Second quarter (1:02): Miami 10, Virginia 7: Jose Borregales makes a 32-yard field.

First quarter (10:06): Miami 7, Virginia 7: Tony Poljan scores on a two-yard touchdown pass from Brennan Armstrong.

First quarter (14:21): Miami 7, Virginia 0: Mike Harley scores on a 43-yard touchdown pass from D’Eriq King.

Isabella Didio

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...