Letters to the Editor, Opinion

Help support the Latinx Graduation Committee

The Spring 2021 Latinx Graduation Committee is currently collecting feedback from students, faculty, and staff to help create a Latinx Graduation Ceremony for the Spring 2021 semester. The committee is comprised of prominent undergraduate leaders from different Latin and Hispanic identifying student organizations. Currently, we have 114 survey responses, but we will need a minimum of 200-400 responses to make a strong case to different academic departments for approval of this ceremony. We would appreciate it if you could fill the survey out and share it with your friends and associates so that we can increase the number of responses as well as awareness of the ceremony. https://tinyurl.com/UMLatinxGC

Jarelis Cabrera is a senior majoring in microbiology and immunology and minoring in medical humanities and chemistry. Cabrera is the Chair of The Latinx Graduation Ceremony Committee.

Letter to the Editor

An asynchronous learning model provided an opportunity to create a hands-on process with a three-dimensional approach for a fall class. ...

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...