Letters to the Editor, Opinion

Help support the Latinx Graduation Committee

The Spring 2021 Latinx Graduation Committee is currently collecting feedback from students, faculty, and staff to help create a Latinx Graduation Ceremony for the Spring 2021 semester. The committee is comprised of prominent undergraduate leaders from different Latin and Hispanic identifying student organizations. Currently, we have 114 survey responses, but we will need a minimum of 200-400 responses to make a strong case to different academic departments for approval of this ceremony. We would appreciate it if you could fill the survey out and share it with your friends and associates so that we can increase the number of responses as well as awareness of the ceremony. https://tinyurl.com/UMLatinxGC

Jarelis Cabrera is a senior majoring in microbiology and immunology and minoring in medical humanities and chemistry. Cabrera is the Chair of The Latinx Graduation Ceremony Committee.

Letter to the Editor

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...