Football, Sports

Hurricanes reveal Turnover Chain 4.0

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

The wait is over. The Miami Hurricanes revealed the Turnover Chain 4.0, the fourth edition of the famed chain.

The chain was brought out after cornerback Al Blades Jr. picked off Louisville’s Malik Cunningham in the second quarter.

The state of Florida “U” charm weighs 300 grams, while the chain itself weighs two kilograms and is about 30 inches long. There are 1,400 sapphire stones in the “U” – half green and half orange. The state of Florida portion of the charm has 1,900 white sapphires.

Turnover Chain 4.0 took roughly three months to complete.

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

Isabella Didio

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...