Football, Sports

Miami vs. UAB Live Blog

The Miami Hurricanes open their season against the University of Alabama at Birmingham Blazers (1-0) tonight at 8 p.m.

Follow along with our live scoring summary below:

Third quarter (00:00) Miami 31, UAB 14: Brevin Jordan scores on a four-yard touchdown pass from D’Eriq King.

Third quarter (4:02): Miami 24, UAB 14: Cam’Ron Harris scores on a four-yard touchdown run.

Third quarter (6:19): Miami 17, UAB 14: Spencer Brown scores on a six-yard touchdown run.

Third quarter (10:15): Miami 17, UAB 7: Jose Borregales makes a 25-yard field goal.

Second quarter (10:04): Miami 14, UAB 7: D’Eriq King scores on a 12-yard touchdown run.

First quarter (1:04): Miami 7, UAB 7: Cam’Ron Harris scores a 66-yard touchdown run.

First quarter (2:40): Miami 0, UAB 7: Austin Watkins Jr. scores on a 16-yard touchdown pass from Tyler Johnston III.

Isabella Didio

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...