Football, Sports

Hurricanes debut new “The Crib” Touchdown Rings

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

After junior running back Cam’Rom Harris scored the first Miami touchdown of the season on a 66-yard rush in the first quarter, the Hurricanes revealed the second edition of the Touchdown Rings.

The rings are made of orange and green sapphires and contain 829 stones. The Touchdown Rings weigh 100 grams combined – 50 grams each.

They took roughly three months to complete, according to Miami Athletics.

The Hurricanes currently lead UAB 14-7 at halftime. Unfortunately, the Turnover Chain has yet to make an appearance.

Here are more photos of the rings:

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

Photo credit: Miami Athletics

Isabella Didio

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...