Coronavirus, Cover, Multimedia

A special video message to the class of 2020

The University of Miami’s class of 2020 graduated under circumstances that nobody expected. 

With graduation ceremonies postponed until December, and all on-campus activities suspend until further notice, we know that this is not how our seniors planned to end their time at UM. 

That’s why everyone at The Miami Hurricane wanted to extend our warmest congratulations to all of UM’s graduating seniors. 

Although we can’t be on campus to celebrate together, we wanted members of the class of 2020 to know that we are grateful for all that they’ve contributed to the UM community. 

That’s why we put together this special video presentation, to say thank you and congratulations to all of our departing seniors.

We asked for submissions from many student leaders and administrators, who offered their words of advice and well-wishes to the class of 2020. 

We also created an online presentation honoring their four years here.

Even though we can’t all be together, we want recent graduates to know that the UM community is celebrating with them wherever they are.

May 17, 2020

Anna Timmons

In their first Climate Café, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science faculty members and

Student and faculty mentors and their foster-care teen mentees both reap rich rewards through intera

’Canes Central provides undergraduate and graduate students with easy, efficient support for registr

Neil Hammerschlag provides a preview of what to expect during this year’s shark programming set to b

University of Miami architects and engineers, spurred by lessons learned from the pandemic, re-creat