Canes Covering Coronavirus, Connecticut

Takeout at this Trumbull restaurant includes food you can cook at home

Katherine Begg
Trumbull, Connecticut
6 p.m. Wednesday, April 29

Although they can no longer offer dine-in service due to the coronavirus, Parker Steaks & Scotch creates weekly provision boxes to keep their small business going. The restaurant has been serving American cuisine in Trumbull, Connecticut, since 2013.

Each Tuesday afternoon, Parker advertises its provision box on its Facebook page. The boxes are available for purchase for $50 and can be picked up as early as the next day.

The menu changes weekly and offers a variety of items. This week it included 1 pound of butter, one loaf of wheat bread, one package of romaine hearts, one package of homemade cookie dough, two tomatoes, two strip steaks, two chicken breasts, four bananas, four burgers, 12 eggs and two rolls of toilet paper.

The restaurant also advertises bottles of wine, which are available for an additional price of $15 per bottle.

Click below to read more blogs from our correspondents:”

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Brazil China

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

May 15, 2020

Leah Harper

University of Miami students share their thoughts and impressions as President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris take the helm. ...

Following Wednesday’s historic event, University of Miami experts in various fields provide their insight on the biggest challenges facing the new administration. ...

As part of the “Roadmap to Our New Century” initiative, the University of Miami advances the art of teaching and the science of learning by partnering with students, alumni, and others to offer options throughout the entire adult learning life cycle. ...

University of Miami experts weigh the merit and consequences of amending or repealing the communications law that provides a legal shield for service providers from the words, images, and videos posted by their users. ...

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...