California, California, Canes Covering Coronavirus

It’s beginning to look like normal

Bailey Donine
Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County, California
2:22 p.m. Thursday, April 23

It’s beginning to look like normal

COVID-19 has seemed to be taken a little lighter as time goes on. Although people have been careful and continue to wear gloves and masks, it seems the virus is not stopping anyone from leaving the house.

Streets in not only Rancho Santa Margarita but also local freeways have gone from being completely empty to filled with cars. As time has passed, I think people have realized as long as they are careful that going places is OK.

As of April 21, some beaches close to us have reopened. The ones that have stayed closed are big beaches like Laguna Beach, which would be overflowing with people if announced open. Newport Beach has opened all beaches, which is huge, as Newport goes for miles.

I think people are becoming more comfortable with what seems to be the “new norm.” As precautions are still in place I feel like although things may not be close to normal, they seem to be turning in that direction.

Click below to read more blogs from our correspondents:”

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA Ellington-CT Trumbell-CT Ply-PA Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois Brazil China Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

May 7, 2020

Leah Harper

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...