Canes Covering Coronavirus, Florida, Miami

South Miami releases emergency order

Francheska Castillo
South Miami
6 a.m. Thursday, April 23

South Miami releases emergency order

Last month South Miami released an emergency order stating, “As the number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 increases within Miami-Dade County, the chance of community transmission becomes more likely. To proactively attempt to limit community transmission we will be implementing the following policy.

Effective Friday, April 10, 2020 at 12 p.m., covering of nose and mouth shall be required…”

I went out before seeing the order and I felt like everyone was staring at me for not wearing a mask, but little did I know that masks were being required in South Miami

At McDonald’s, where I work as a shift manager, we had to put masks on in order to serve customers. It’s nice to see customers and employees alike wearing masks and seeing we are all taking precautions to protect each other and to slow the spread of the virus.

Click on one of the city names to read our correspondent’s blog post from that area:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

May 4, 2020

Leah Harper

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas