Canes Covering Coronavirus, Florida, Miami

South Miami releases emergency order

Francheska Castillo
South Miami
6 a.m. Thursday, April 23

South Miami releases emergency order

Last month South Miami released an emergency order stating, “As the number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 increases within Miami-Dade County, the chance of community transmission becomes more likely. To proactively attempt to limit community transmission we will be implementing the following policy.

Effective Friday, April 10, 2020 at 12 p.m., covering of nose and mouth shall be required…”

I went out before seeing the order and I felt like everyone was staring at me for not wearing a mask, but little did I know that masks were being required in South Miami

At McDonald’s, where I work as a shift manager, we had to put masks on in order to serve customers. It’s nice to see customers and employees alike wearing masks and seeing we are all taking precautions to protect each other and to slow the spread of the virus.

Click on one of the city names to read our correspondent’s blog post from that area:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

May 4, 2020

Leah Harper

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...