Canes Covering Coronavirus, Florida, Miramar

Miramar Police Department brings birthday celebration to quarantined residents

Massiel Leyva
Miramar, Florida
11 a.m. Thursday, April 23

If you are one of many people celebrating a birthday quarantined at home, the Miramar Police Department, along with first responders, has put together an initiative to brighten your special day and make it memorable.

Police Officer D. Espiritusanto from the Miramar Police Department and the Miramar Fire Department recently organized a parade to celebrate a young resident’s 5th birthday. Peyton was surprised by the lights and sirens of police cars, a fire truck and an ambulance. The line of vehicles stopped one by one to personally wish Peyton a happy birthday in front of his house.

Peyton’s family decorated the driveway area of their house with a happy birthday banner and balloons. Neighbors, not wanting to miss this celebration, went outside to participate in this social-distancing singular birthday party.

Quarantine parades are becoming a popular way to celebrate birthdays in times of coronavirus, and other police departments throughout Florida are also taking this initiative.

If you live in Miramar and want to surprise your loved ones with this unique gift, you can send an email to tksmith@miramarfd.org requesting this parade.

It will definitely be a birthday to remember.

To see the full video of this celebration, click here: https://twitter.com/miramarpd/status/1253115880218689536?s=21

Video of Peyton’s birthday parade posted on Miramar Police Twitter account.
 Photo credit: Twitter, @MiramarPD on April 22 at 8:18 p.m.

Click below to read more blogs from our correspondents:”

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA Ellington-CT Trumbell-CT Ply-PA Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois Brazil China Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

May 4, 2020

Leah Harper

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...