California, California, Canes Covering Coronavirus

Grocery stores as we never knew them…

Bailey Donine

Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County, California
12:25 p.m. Friday, April 17

Grocery stores as we never knew them…

As COVID 19 continues to spread, businesses are finding more and more ways to ensure safety in their communities.

In Rancho Santa Margarita grocery stores are making sure that every basket used is being sanitized before given out to the next customer. They are requiring shoppers to stand 6 feet apart, which safeguards social distancing in checkout lines and throughout the store.

Newly added, Plexiglas at the registers protects cashiers.

Many stores are also not allowing people to enter without a mask or gloves. As I tried to walk into a pet supply store, I was told at the door that I could not enter unless I had a mask on.

The new safety precautions may stick for a while and may change grocery stores as we know them until further notice…

Click below to read more blogs from our correspondents:”

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Brazil China

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

May 4, 2020

Leah Harper

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...