Brazil, Canes Covering Coronavirus

Brazilians mimic U.S. protestors in seeking to open up businesses

Beatriz De Oliveira
São Paulo, Brazil
8:30 p.m. April 22

With nearly 16,000 confirmed cases and more than 1,000 deaths, São Paulo is the coronavirus epicenter of Brazil, according to the online newsletter, The Brazilian Report.

São Paulo, the most populous and wealthiest state in Brazil, has been under quarantine since March 21. But restrictions may gradually loosen beginning May 21. As in some cities in the United States, Brazil has seen protests in some of its largest cities by residents wanting the government to let businesses reopen.

As of April 22, 45,757 cases have been confirmed in the country, causing 2,906 deaths. And according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, Brazil currently has the most number of reported coronavirus cases in South America.

Click below to read more blogs from our correspondents:”

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA Ellington-CT Trumbell-CT Ply-PA Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois Brazil China Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

A study led by Justin Stoler, University of Miami associate professor, analyzes how water insecurity

Warm ocean temperatures combined with neutral El Niño conditions could make this hurricane season on

Guerda Nicolas, a professor of the School of Education and Human Development, created the research t

The creators of Cycle Technology, recent winners of the Miami Herald Startup Pitch Competition, prov

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur