Canes Covering Coronavirus, Florida, Miami

Coronarivus-savvy Chinese students take early precautions in Miami

Xuejing Li
Coral Gables, Florida
11:15 a.m. Friday, March 27

Before the Coronavirus began to spread in South Florida, Chinese students began to hoard a large number of masks and portable hand sanitizers. They understand the importance of wearing masks and keeping their hands germ free.

From what their families and friends encountered earlier in China, Chinese students here also understand how important it is not to leave home. It is the best way to be protected.

Many people in the United States are unaware of the seriousness of the problem. Although some people are becoming nervous and are buying large quantities of toilet paper, water and food, others are partying on the beach even as the number of cases increases.

To read more blogs from our correspondents, click an area on the map below:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

The University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School lecture series continue this spring

As the coronavirus swept into South Florida, students in the inaugural Your Health, Your Immune Syst

Levels of bacteria dropped only days after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of recreational

The University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas hosted an online seminar Wednes

Ariel Rose, a Frost School of Music graduate, talks about her experience at the University of Miami