Canes Covering Coronavirus, Florida, Miramar

Miramar offers drive-through food distribution site for needy residents

Massiel Leyva
Miramar, Florida
7 a.m. Thursday, April 16

Miramar residents in need of food will be able to receive groceries at a new drive-through food distribution site planned by the city and Feeding South Florida, a food bank serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties.

The event will take place 9 -11 a.m. Thursday, April 16, at the Miramar Regional Park located on Miramar Parkway.

Flyer posted on Mayor Wayne Messam’s Twitter account
Photo credit: Twitter, @Wayne.Messam on April 14 at 10:16 p.m

Miramar Mayor Wayne Messam said workers and residents at the drive-through service will need to comply with the COVID-19 health measures and social distancing rules to make sure that the process is safe for the community.

Residents who attend this event will receive the food on a first-come, first-served basis.

To read more blogs from our correspondents, click an area on the map below:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol