Canes Covering Coronavirus, Florida, Miramar

Miramar offers drive-through food distribution site for needy residents

Massiel Leyva
Miramar, Florida
7 a.m. Thursday, April 16

Miramar residents in need of food will be able to receive groceries at a new drive-through food distribution site planned by the city and Feeding South Florida, a food bank serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties.

The event will take place 9 -11 a.m. Thursday, April 16, at the Miramar Regional Park located on Miramar Parkway.

Flyer posted on Mayor Wayne Messam’s Twitter account
Photo credit: Twitter, @Wayne.Messam on April 14 at 10:16 p.m

Miramar Mayor Wayne Messam said workers and residents at the drive-through service will need to comply with the COVID-19 health measures and social distancing rules to make sure that the process is safe for the community.

Residents who attend this event will receive the food on a first-come, first-served basis.

To read more blogs from our correspondents, click an area on the map below:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur

University of Miami President Julio Frenk joins ecologist Simon Levin for a webinar that will explor

The Miami Herbert Business School announced that a student-led committee will commission artwork for

A tireless physician who was always on call, Dr. Sayfie made patients partners in their care.

The temporary move to drop standardized testing requirements will hopefully eliminate some of the st