Canes Covering Coronavirus, Florida

Driveway Fun in Wesley Chapel

Treasure Wilson
Wesley Chapel, Florida
3:30 p.m. Friday, April 3, 2020

Driveway Fun in Wesley Chapel

In one small neighborhood in Wesley Chapel, you will see families going on bike rides, children creating their own games, and even the occasional ice cream truck.

Self-quarantine and stay-at-home orders encouraged lots of Union Park families to engage with each other. People aren’t at the public pool, gym, or parks but instead with their families gathered in driveways or backyards. 

On a typical day, Tonka Terrace would be fairly quiet, considering most people would be shut away in their house. However, now more people have decided to take advantage of the sunlight while remaining at a fair distance from each other.

My family also has started biking around the neighborhood, and people are still cautious but give the occasional wave or smile, as a sort of remembrance that we’re all living through this pandemic together.

To read more blogs from our correspondents, click an area on the map below:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona Illinois Illinois

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA PennsylvaniaALL FloridaALL CaliforniaALL Arizona

Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...