Canes Covering Coronavirus, Pennsylvania

Do I have COVID-19? Waiting, waiting for test results

Sabrina Snyder
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
2 p.m. Wednesday, March 25

It is now Day 8 in self-quarantine, and I still have no COVID-19 test result back from my doctor.

Most people with COVID-19 symptoms who have tested are told they would receive their result back in 3-5 days.

I got tested at Penn Medicine in Radnor, Pennsylvania, on March 17, and it is now March 25, and I am still without a response.

Over the past week I have been too sick to worry about when I would be receiving my test result. Now that I am getting better, it is the only thing on my mind.

Being that my symptoms were so similar to those of COVID-19, I have been staying in my room until my result comes back and only if I test negative can I be let out of my room. If I test positive, I would have to stay isolated for another seven days.

Since feeling better I have felt trapped in my room, as if I am a prisoner. It is hard, now that I am feeling healthy, to voluntarily want to stay locked in my room, but I know it is what I have to do to keep my family safe.

I have had many virtual calls with doctors who have prescribed me different medications, some of which have helped, and some which have not. It is my best belief that if I do not have COVID-19 then I have had a virus and bacterial infection that went untreated.

I hope at the end of this I do not have COVID-19 and can be freed from my room and reunite with my family again.

Click on another area to read more of our correspondent’s blogs:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

A study led by Justin Stoler, University of Miami associate professor, analyzes how water insecurity

Warm ocean temperatures combined with neutral El Niño conditions could make this hurricane season on

Guerda Nicolas, a professor of the School of Education and Human Development, created the research t

The creators of Cycle Technology, recent winners of the Miami Herald Startup Pitch Competition, prov

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur