Canes Covering Coronavirus, Pennsylvania

Do I have COVID-19? Waiting, waiting for test results

Sabrina Snyder
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
2 p.m. Wednesday, March 25

It is now Day 8 in self-quarantine, and I still have no COVID-19 test result back from my doctor.

Most people with COVID-19 symptoms who have tested are told they would receive their result back in 3-5 days.

I got tested at Penn Medicine in Radnor, Pennsylvania, on March 17, and it is now March 25, and I am still without a response.

Over the past week I have been too sick to worry about when I would be receiving my test result. Now that I am getting better, it is the only thing on my mind.

Being that my symptoms were so similar to those of COVID-19, I have been staying in my room until my result comes back and only if I test negative can I be let out of my room. If I test positive, I would have to stay isolated for another seven days.

Since feeling better I have felt trapped in my room, as if I am a prisoner. It is hard, now that I am feeling healthy, to voluntarily want to stay locked in my room, but I know it is what I have to do to keep my family safe.

I have had many virtual calls with doctors who have prescribed me different medications, some of which have helped, and some which have not. It is my best belief that if I do not have COVID-19 then I have had a virus and bacterial infection that went untreated.

I hope at the end of this I do not have COVID-19 and can be freed from my room and reunite with my family again.

Click on another area to read more of our correspondent’s blogs:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol