Canes Covering Coronavirus, Pennsylvania

Do I have COVID-19? Waiting, waiting for test results

Sabrina Snyder
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
2 p.m. Wednesday, March 25

It is now Day 8 in self-quarantine, and I still have no COVID-19 test result back from my doctor.

Most people with COVID-19 symptoms who have tested are told they would receive their result back in 3-5 days.

I got tested at Penn Medicine in Radnor, Pennsylvania, on March 17, and it is now March 25, and I am still without a response.

Over the past week I have been too sick to worry about when I would be receiving my test result. Now that I am getting better, it is the only thing on my mind.

Being that my symptoms were so similar to those of COVID-19, I have been staying in my room until my result comes back and only if I test negative can I be let out of my room. If I test positive, I would have to stay isolated for another seven days.

Since feeling better I have felt trapped in my room, as if I am a prisoner. It is hard, now that I am feeling healthy, to voluntarily want to stay locked in my room, but I know it is what I have to do to keep my family safe.

I have had many virtual calls with doctors who have prescribed me different medications, some of which have helped, and some which have not. It is my best belief that if I do not have COVID-19 then I have had a virus and bacterial infection that went untreated.

I hope at the end of this I do not have COVID-19 and can be freed from my room and reunite with my family again.

Click on another area to read more of our correspondent’s blogs:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA

Ellington-CT

Trumbell-CT

Ply-PA

Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...