Canes Covering Coronavirus, Massachusetts

Coronavirus worries medical professionals in Boston

Haley Lanzoni
Boston, Massachusetts
March 27th, 2020

Coronavirus Worries Medical Professionals in Boston

The coronavirus seems to be hitting the East Coast extremely hard as it is home to many major cities including Boston. Health care officials worry as, according to official reports, more than 100 hospital workers in Boston have tested positive for coronavirus

As the number of cases in the Boston area increases, more medical professionals continue to contract the disease, which will be very dangerous for patients at these hospitals.

As Boston is home to three of the most renowned hospitals in the country — Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital and Boston Medical Center — officials are attempting to slow the spread by quarantining Massachusetts residents.

Medical professionals who test positive will not be working until cleared by health services.

Click on another area to read more of our correspondent’s blogs:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA Ellington-CT Trumbell-CT Ply-PA Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...