Canes Covering Coronavirus, Massachusetts

Coronavirus worries medical professionals in Boston

Haley Lanzoni
Boston, Massachusetts
March 27th, 2020

Coronavirus Worries Medical Professionals in Boston

The coronavirus seems to be hitting the East Coast extremely hard as it is home to many major cities including Boston. Health care officials worry as, according to official reports, more than 100 hospital workers in Boston have tested positive for coronavirus

As the number of cases in the Boston area increases, more medical professionals continue to contract the disease, which will be very dangerous for patients at these hospitals.

As Boston is home to three of the most renowned hospitals in the country — Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital and Boston Medical Center — officials are attempting to slow the spread by quarantining Massachusetts residents.

Medical professionals who test positive will not be working until cleared by health services.

Click on another area to read more of our correspondent’s blogs:

CoronaBlogMap NewYork-NY Boston-MA Ellington-CT Trumbell-CT Ply-PA Philly-PA OceanCity-NJ Malvern-PA AmeliaIsland-FL Vero-FL Plantation-FL Miami-FL Hollywood-FL Manamar-FL Tampa-FL PembrookePines-FL WesleyChapel-FL OrangeCounty-CA MonteS-CA

Leah Harper

The University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School lecture series continue this spring

As the coronavirus swept into South Florida, students in the inaugural Your Health, Your Immune Syst

Levels of bacteria dropped only days after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of recreational

The University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas hosted an online seminar Wednes

Ariel Rose, a Frost School of Music graduate, talks about her experience at the University of Miami