Blogs, Coronavirus

Entry five: A guide to an unexpected self-quarantine

Day 14 of quarantine:

Last day of quarantine! I’m so glad that I did not catch coronavirus when I left Italy. Fourteen days really feels like an eternity, but it’s much better than risking getting sick. I’m still waiting on hearing when classes are. I’m becoming nervous about school now because I feel so unprepared. I’m supposed to have class on Tuesday with professors on the other side of the world. I still don’t know if my 9 a.m. will become a 3 a.m.

Two of my classes will begin with midterms and I have not been in a classroom in three weeks. I’m hoping for a heavy curve. It’s hard to even think about school when the whole world is on pause.

On the bright side, I’m really looking forward to seeing my URome friends again on Zoom. Can’t wait to talk about god and religion on a digital platform because we’re in the middle of a pandemic. That will be an interesting conversation, no doubt.

To keep up with the rest of this blog, read the following posts:

Featured image by Julia Sanbe.

Grace Harrington

Karin Wilkins, dean of the University of Miami School of Communication, examines the challenges faci ...

The new testing effort, announced Friday by Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez, will use a finger prick to chec ...

A University of Miami scientist is awarded a Pew grant to study coral reef restoration in the Caribb ...

How the choices made by Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl during the Holocaust changed the course ...

A medical specialist with the University of Miami Health System and the Miller School of Medicine ha ...