Coronavirus, Cover, Health, News

Member of medical campus community tests positive for coronavirus

University Communications sent out an email Tuesday night informing students that a member of the medical campus community has tested positive for coronavirus.

At this time, the test results are considered preemptive because doctors are still waiting for official confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control.

According to the news release, the infected individual is in good condition and self-isolating. No other details have been released.

UHealth facilities have enacted numerous measures to prevent the spread of disease. Hospitals and clinics are screening all visitors at clinical entry points, moving suspected patients to isolated rooms for further examination, equipping clinical staff with approved personal protective equipment and establishing a policy of remote work for non-clinical employees.

This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.

Featured image source: biomed.miami.edu

Rebecca Goddard

As the novel coronavirus continues to force people inside, movie theaters across the globe have clos ...

Richard Myers, a senior lecturer in the Miller School of Medicine, offers tips and best practices on ...

Offered this fall, the Master of Science in Data Science will tailor its curriculum for multiple fie ...

In the wake of measures instituted to stop the spread of the pandemic across the globe, emission lev ...

A University of Miami cybersecurity lecturer provides a few tips to ensure a positive and safe compu ...