Coronavirus, Cover, Health, News

Member of medical campus community tests positive for coronavirus

University Communications sent out an email Tuesday night informing students that a member of the medical campus community has tested positive for coronavirus.

At this time, the test results are considered preemptive because doctors are still waiting for official confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control.

According to the news release, the infected individual is in good condition and self-isolating. No other details have been released.

UHealth facilities have enacted numerous measures to prevent the spread of disease. Hospitals and clinics are screening all visitors at clinical entry points, moving suspected patients to isolated rooms for further examination, equipping clinical staff with approved personal protective equipment and establishing a policy of remote work for non-clinical employees.

This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.

Featured image source: biomed.miami.edu

Rebecca Goddard

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of

University of Miami Libraries has launched Documenting COVID-19: South Florida’s Pandemic Experience