Coronavirus, Sports

ACC cancels athletic activities through 2019-2020 academic year

After initially suspending all athletic activities indefinitely, the Athletic Coast Conference has announced that all athletic related activities through the end of the 2019-2020 school year are cancelled.

The statement from the ACC read:

“Following further consultation with the league’s member institutions, and after previously suspending all athletic activities indefinitely, the ACC has made the decision to cancel all athletic related activities including all competition and practice through the end of the 2019-20 academic year. The unanimous decision was made to mitigate the further spread of COVID-19. Each institution will continue to work in accordance with its respective university and state policies related to its individual campus decisions.”

“Our top priority remains the health and safety of our student-athletes as well as our fans, communities and the overall well-being of others during these uncharted times,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “We are particularly disappointed for our student-athletes and will continue to work with our membership to assess what is appropriate in the future.”

Isabella Didio

As the novel coronavirus continues to force people inside, movie theaters across the globe have clos ...

Richard Myers, a senior lecturer in the Miller School of Medicine, offers tips and best practices on ...

Offered this fall, the Master of Science in Data Science will tailor its curriculum for multiple fie ...

In the wake of measures instituted to stop the spread of the pandemic across the globe, emission lev ...

A University of Miami cybersecurity lecturer provides a few tips to ensure a positive and safe compu ...