Baseball, Sports

Miami baseball tickets sold out ahead of weekend series against Florida

Just an hour after Miami had completed it’s win over Kent State Wednesday night, the baseball program announced on Twitter that tickets for Friday and Saturday night’s game against the No. 2 ranked University of Florida were sold out.

As of Thursday morning, Sunday’s game was announced as sold out as well.

All fans must go through secondary markets to get tickets. No tickets will be sold at the ticket window this weekend. Student entry is on a first come first serve basis.

I’m thinking the crowds here are probably going to be as good as they’ve been in a long time, which is good for us,” Miami head coach Gino DiMare said after Wednesday night’s game. “We need to get back to having great crowds. It’s electric. Certainly the adrenaline kicks in a little bit more. The atmosphere is kind of similar to a regional or super regional”

“I can’t describe playing in this atmosphere, it’s amazing,” outfielder Tony Jenkins said.

“It’s the Gators and the Canes, you know,” first baseman Alex Toral said. “It’s just that type of environment that everyone wants to be at and that’s why we are going to have a sold out crowd here.”

Miami will open the weekend series on Friday at 7 p.m. at Mark Light Field.

Isabella Didio

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...