Campus Life, News

The Butler Center’s annual holiday drive begins

The holiday season is finally here and the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is opening its doors for a “Miami Hurricanes Holiday Gift Drive.”

Students, faculty, staff and administration can donate Christmas gifts or toys to be gifted to local children or senior citizens within the community.

Students are urged to participate in what can be a chance to partake in a meaningful moment for those kids who do not get much for the holidays or the elderly who do not have family around.

In 2018, over 725 gifts were collected and donated to Home Instead Senior Care, Just Kids Center, Inc. and Hope for Miami.

This event will begin on Wednesday, Nov. 13. and last through Friday, Dec. 6.

There will be donation cart locations throughout campus at the Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center, Gables One Tower (Suite 100), Department of Public Science, Miller School of Medicine in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (Rosenstiel 1130), Butler Center for Service and Leadership office (suite 204) in the Shalala Student Center and University Center Lower Lounge.

If you are part of an organization or have an office and would like to host a collection bin, you can contact the Butler Center at leadandserve@miami.edu or by phone at 305-284-4483

Joseph Brandon Cid

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

Led by the Miller School of Medicine, the southeast region has enrolled more than 14,000 volunteers ...

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Spots are filling up fast for the upcoming Gino DiMare Exposure Camp on January 18-19, 2020. ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...