Campus Life, Community, News

‘Hurricanes Help the Hometown’ begins Nov. 6

The Butler Center for Service and Leadership’s annual “Hurricanes Help the Hometown” is amongst us.

The event will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 6 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Students can sign up to participate via https://miami.campuslabs.com/engage/organizations, where they can register their names but they must come early because the event is expected to hit capacity with participants.

In the event that it hits capacity, participants will be notified of being waitlisted prior to commencement.

Registration ends 30 minutes prior to the event starting.

Students do not need to be there from the entirety of the event but they will need to volunteer at least one hour of their time.

Participants would need to check-in at the Lakeside Patio before the start time of the shift they choose, whether its 11 a.m. to 11:50 a.m., 12 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.

There is no dress code for participants but it is recommended to wear comfortable clothing. The theme for this years’ service will be “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Students who would like to earn homecoming points can do so and will be asked at registration which organization they would like to earn points for.

Those who get waitlisted will be expected to be on call at the check-in on Nov. 6 it will be up to the Homecoming Executive Committee whether or not those who remain waitlisted will earn homecoming points.

Joseph Brandon Cid

Planet Kreyol and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs host a remembrance ceremony to salute ...

University of Miami film and media specialists discuss the dynamics—competition, quality, and delive ...

The destruction throughout portions of southwestern Puerto Rico brings back memories of the devastat ...

The unique program ends with students in the nation’s capital, meeting with elected officials, explo ...

University of Miami Laboratory for Integrative Knowledge grantees learn more about the science of te ...

The Miami men's basketball team will welcome ninth-ranked Florida State to the Watsco Center Sa ...

Miami drops a road contest at North Carolina. ...

Miami heads to Chapel Hill on Thursday to take on North Carolina. ...

The Miami men's basketball team fell to NC State, 80-63, Wednesday night at PNC Arena. ...

Sam Waardenburg has been a steady, consistent presence for the Hurricanes during a tough January str ...