Academics, Campus Life, News

Discuss and dine for free: Venzer to host special ‘Dinner & Dialogues’ event

It’s dining, but with a creative twist— sit with common-minded intellectuals while being served a platter of debate.

Ellen Venzer, the University of Miami’s judge-in-residence will be hosting a “Dinner & Dialogues” event Wednesday, Oct. 30. The session is free and open to the entire UM community.

99F53C41-F41A-4493-BC00-A28846035562.png

Students dine while engaging in discussion at the previous Dinner & Dialogues event. Photo credit: Mackenzie Karbon

The Dinner & Dialogues Lecture Series features a range of notable speakers who give presentations and foster discussion among students. Students are also able to eat dinner with each speaker and continue conversations over a meal.

“This is designed for open discussion. The Judge-in-Residence program gives students the opportunity to meet and engage with legal experts and learn about hot topics in the law,” said Venzer.

October’s dinner guest will be chairwoman of the UM Board of Trustees and former president of the American Bar Association, Hilarie Bass.

Venzer’s event coincides with a larger year-long program of evening lectures and includes expert-led discussions on various legal issues in the news.

The event will be held at the Alma Jennings Lounge at the Law School from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., and all students are encouraged to attend.

Esther Animalu

The director of the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center is named the first holder of the Oscar de ...

With the new movie about Fred Rogers opening in theaters today, University of Miami faculty reflect ...

University of Miami students share how they blend together new and old traditions this upcoming holi ...

Jenna Efrein, a senior lecturer in glass in the Art and Art History Department, wants your help coll ...

More and more people are dabbling in side jobs to bring in some extra cash, a growing trend helped a ...

Behind 55 points from its starting backcourt trio, the Miami men's basketball team posted a 74- ...

The Miami women's basketball team is headed to the Windy City to participate in the Maggie Dixo ...

The Miami swimming & diving team hits the road for a pair of midseason meets this weekend, with ...

Miami's young offensive line took its share of lumps early. But the group's focus and reso ...

Shaquille Quarterman arrived at Miami hoping to make a difference. He's done that and more. Now ...