Cover, News

Locally sourced, vegan bites featured at Fair Food Fair

At the Fair Food Fair, the final event of Food Day festivities, students at the University of Miami got a taste of vegan dishes and locally farmed crops while learning about how to incorporate environmentally conscious meals into their diet.

FoodDay-0959.jpg

Fresh fruits and produce displayed the vibrant colors of local farming. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

Booths set up at the Whitten University Center Wednesday Oct. 16, featured literature, activities and food samples, all geared toward bridging the gap between delicious foods and sustainability. Among the groups present at the fair were Student Health Services, Green U, UMiami ECO Agency and the UM Food Recovery Network.

FoodDay-0967.jpg

Sustainably harvested avocados and baby jackfruits lit up tables at the Fair Food Fair. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

Students got to try fresh fruits, organic teas and smoothies, and a vegan take on a classic crowd pleaser: Cuban croquetas.

FoodDay-0956.jpg

Students sampled vegan meatless croquetas provided by UM Dining. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

Anna Timmons

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center’s 18,000-square-foot fitness room named in honor of Norm ...

University of Miami theatre arts students and faculty members come together for a whirlwind day to c ...

The #SuperCoralPlay campaign combines education and outreach with research and restoration efforts t ...

Rosenstiel School researcher Emily Becker is part of a dream team of scientists that will present it ...

Planet Kreyol and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs host a remembrance ceremony to salute ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.