Football, Photo, Sports

Fans white out the stadium for a green cause

UMvsVA-9954.jpg

Throwing up the U, fans wear white as they cheer on the Canes against Virginia. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

At the football game against Virginia Friday, Oct. 11, students arrived dressed in white, ready to cheer on the Canes and raise awareness about single-use plastic waste. Organized by Student Government’s Energy and Conservation Organization, the game featured a green tailgate beforehand, where student volunteers educated attendees on recycling, encouraging them not to throw away their aluminum cans and plastic bottles.

Following the green trend, UM’s football team dressed in Parley Adidas uniforms made from repurposed ocean plastic and nylon waste.

Anna Timmons

Karin Wilkins, dean of the University of Miami School of Communication, examines the challenges faci ...

The new testing effort, announced Friday by Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez, will use a finger prick to chec ...

A University of Miami scientist is awarded a Pew grant to study coral reef restoration in the Caribb ...

How the choices made by Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl during the Holocaust changed the course ...

A medical specialist with the University of Miami Health System and the Miller School of Medicine ha ...