Football, Photo, Sports

Fans white out the stadium for a green cause

UMvsVA-9954.jpg

Throwing up the U, fans wear white as they cheer on the Canes against Virginia. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

At the football game against Virginia Friday, Oct. 11, students arrived dressed in white, ready to cheer on the Canes and raise awareness about single-use plastic waste. Organized by Student Government’s Energy and Conservation Organization, the game featured a green tailgate beforehand, where student volunteers educated attendees on recycling, encouraging them not to throw away their aluminum cans and plastic bottles.

Following the green trend, UM’s football team dressed in Parley Adidas uniforms made from repurposed ocean plastic and nylon waste.

Anna Timmons

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team have put aside their work on HIV, malaria, and Zika to develo

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy recipients, or Dreamers, with college degrees have con

Consumers who support a company’s decision to rebrand, such as to remove racial stereotypes, might s

A University of Miami team awaits FDA approval to mass-produce nasopharyngeal swabs used in coronavi