Campus Life, News

Students vie for homecoming floor tickets, cause chaos in Breezeway

A hoard of students crowded the Breezeway Tuesday afternoon, all clamouring with excitement as they set their sights on one goal: a floor ticket to see the this year’s homecoming headliner, rapper 21 Savage.

IMG_0405.jpg

Students wait to try to get a floor pass for the homecoming 21 Savage concert. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

Saun Merlin, the vice chair of Hurricane Productions Concerts, said his team was glad to see the student body excited about the ticket giveaway, but the crowd became overwhelming.

This was the third floor ticket giveaway that HP Concerts has offered so far. Merlin said students were more cordial in the during past giveaways.

“This one went a little crazy,” he said.

IMG_0401.jpeg

Alex Boro, a sophomore, excitedly shows his 21 savage floor pass. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

Students will have more opportunities to obtain floor tickets after fall break. HP Concerts will enact safety procedures to ensure future giveaways don’t get out of hand, Merlin said.

A limited number of general-admission ticket holders will also be let onto the floor after arriving to the concert early.

The homecoming concert will be held 8 p.m. Nov. 7 at the Watsco Center.

Jared Lennon

Rebecca Goddard

The director of the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center is named the first holder of the Oscar de ...

With the new movie about Fred Rogers opening in theaters today, University of Miami faculty reflect ...

University of Miami students share how they blend together new and old traditions this upcoming holi ...

Jenna Efrein, a senior lecturer in glass in the Art and Art History Department, wants your help coll ...

More and more people are dabbling in side jobs to bring in some extra cash, a growing trend helped a ...

Behind 55 points from its starting backcourt trio, the Miami men's basketball team posted a 74- ...

The Miami women's basketball team is headed to the Windy City to participate in the Maggie Dixo ...

The Miami swimming & diving team hits the road for a pair of midseason meets this weekend, with ...

Miami's young offensive line took its share of lumps early. But the group's focus and reso ...

Shaquille Quarterman arrived at Miami hoping to make a difference. He's done that and more. Now ...