Campus Life, News

Students vie for homecoming floor tickets, cause chaos in Breezeway

A hoard of students crowded the Breezeway Tuesday afternoon, all clamouring with excitement as they set their sights on one goal: a floor ticket to see the this year’s homecoming headliner, rapper 21 Savage.

IMG_0405.jpg

Students wait to try to get a floor pass for the homecoming 21 Savage concert. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

Saun Merlin, the vice chair of Hurricane Productions Concerts, said his team was glad to see the student body excited about the ticket giveaway, but the crowd became overwhelming.

This was the third floor ticket giveaway that HP Concerts has offered so far. Merlin said students were more cordial in the during past giveaways.

“This one went a little crazy,” he said.

IMG_0401.jpeg

Alex Boro, a sophomore, excitedly shows his 21 savage floor pass. Photo credit: Jared Lennon

Students will have more opportunities to obtain floor tickets after fall break. HP Concerts will enact safety procedures to ensure future giveaways don’t get out of hand, Merlin said.

A limited number of general-admission ticket holders will also be let onto the floor after arriving to the concert early.

The homecoming concert will be held 8 p.m. Nov. 7 at the Watsco Center.

Jared Lennon

Rebecca Goddard

Tufaan, the University of Miami’s South Asian a cappella group, needs the community’s help to advanc

Dr. Brandon Chatani, a Miller School of Medicine infectious disease specialist, offers advice on way

With the federal Endangered Species Act in danger, University of Miami researchers find that state p

An online exhibit spotlights the talents of two University of Miami incoming Master of Fine Arts gra

Casey Klofstad, political science professor, explains why and how voters should pay attention to pol