Academics, News

Business School to host Ph.D. recruitment fair and conference

The University of Miami Business School will host the Miami DocNet Conference on Monday, Oct. 14.

Participants will hear admissions directors, faculty and students from some of the best business schools worldwide speak about the opportunities and advantages that come along with having a Ph.D. in business.

DocNet is a global consortium of business Ph.D. programs that grants doctoral degrees in business administration and economics. According to its website, the organization’s purpose is to “promote doctoral education in business throughout the world” by educating students about potential careers. With a variety of different perspectives, this event allows participants to network with people who may have careers they would like to pursue.

Nan Yang, a professor of management at the Business school, is one of the three professors speaking on the panel.

“I am very excited to hear from the students that are interested in applying and I’m looking forward to hearing the different perspectives of the Ph.D. applicants,” said Yang.

Associate accounting professor Miguel Minutti-Meza and associate professor of marketing Caglar Irmak will join Yang on the panel as well as the student Ph.D. candidates Melina Vosse, Matthew A Phillips and Benjamin Borenstein.

The event begins with registration taking place from 4:30 – 5 p.m, followed by the faculty and Ph.D. student panel from 5-6 p.m. At 6 p.m, there will be a recruitment fair, which ends at 8 p.m.

For more information about the event, visit https://www.bus.miami.edu/thought-leadership/business-conferences/docnet/index.html and to learn more about DocNet, visit https://businessdocnet.com/about-docnet/

What: Miami Business school hosts DocNet Ph.D. recruitment event

Where: Miami Business School, 5250 University Dr, Coral Gables, Florida, 33146

When: Monday, Oct.14 5:30 – 8 p.m.

How to Attend: to register online, visit https://www.bus.miami.edu/thought-leadership/business-conferences/docnet/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0XPESsmeilNUFT-UpDKGwqri0ccPyhUb91poVGl7RI2mMMthas2eUtvCU

Isabel Tragos

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

Led by the Miller School of Medicine, the southeast region has enrolled more than 14,000 volunteers ...

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Spots are filling up fast for the upcoming Gino DiMare Exposure Camp on January 18-19, 2020. ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...